Almost all computer interactions are performed over the internet whether its streaming videos, playing games, communicating with others or general research, one will have to get the best wireless Routers for Home Use.
Getting anything less than a stellar router will negatively impact your entire experience; this would lead to individuals irritated from constant video buffering, dropped calls, and low-quality online game graphics. This is primarily why home owners should possess the best wireless routers which are highly effective as well as budget-friendly.
- 1 What are Wireless Routers?
- 2 Top 5 Wireless Routers for Home Use – Fastest and Support Multi Devices
- 2.1 TP-Link Talon AD7200
- 2.2 Google Wi-Fi
- 2.3 NetGear Nighthawk AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi Router
- 2.4 Asus RT-AC88U
- 2.5 Linksys AC1900 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router
What are Wireless Routers?
A wireless router lets you gain internet access without connecting your devices to the source. These routers enable users to have total control of their home network and offer a multitude of privileges. Users have the ability to allow guest networks for other people to utilize and can also restrict internet access to various websites. Furthermore, the latest routers are made with exceptional user-friendly interfaces.
Modern Wi-Fi routers consist of additional attributes such as bandwidth prioritization, whereby one directs more signal strength to particular applications. They also incorporate either dual or a tri-band capacity that ensures a robust and reliable signal. The market is currently stocked with numerous gadgets and acquiring the best one can be a daunting experience; therefore, mentioned below are the 5 best wireless home routers for 2019.
Top 5 Wireless Routers for Home Use – Fastest and Support Multi Devices
TP-Link Talon AD7200
The TP-Link Talon AD7200 holds the record for being the first 802.11 ad router available for purchase. To assure that the user gets an ultimate experience, this product incorporates a variety of features.
Just like every ordinary router, the installation process for the TP-Link Talon AD7200 is quite simple. The only thing required is connecting the modem with a LAN cable and a computer, the next step would be to visit the authentic website and activate the router. Scoring up to 450 Mbps when close and approximately 250 Mbps at about 30 feet, this product has tended to defend its hype at several occasions.TP-Link routers are logged in at 192.168.1.1 ip address.
- Multi-band technology is employed; this permits users to operate three bands at the same time
- A combined supported Wi-Fi speed of 7.2 Gbps is included
- Supports simultaneous streaming, unlike other routers that lose signal strength when connected to more than one device at a time. The 1.4 GHz dual-core processor makes this one of the best Wi-Fi routers for multiple users
- To maximize the covered range and performance, the TP-Link Talon AD7200 is built with eight state-of-the-art external antennas
- The device has two USB 3.0 ports which allow you to transfer files to an external drive at a higher speed
- There is 1 WAN and four super-speed Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- Impressive performance on all Wi-Fi bands
- There is a TP-Link Tether mobile application which makes it easier for its installation and management
- It is the first 802.11AD router making it have some of the most modern technology
- The AD frequency needs to be supported by other devices as it cannot penetrate through walls.
Google Wi-Fi is a powerful router that makes use of the latest mesh technology. It utilizes satellites that communicate with each other, eliminating the dead zones within your space and offering quick reliable internet access. The extension nodes extend Wi-Fi signals across a larger area, more than most routers.
The modem can cover over 4,500 square feet of radius, making it one of the best Wi-Fi router for long-range. The product comes with three units, all identical and portraying simple design patterns. At 4.1 inches in diameter and 2.7 inches of height, the Google Wi-Fi router is relatively smaller in size compared to former routers. The unobtrusive LED light which they emit adds more to its elegance, outlining it as a classic decor product.
- Its system has simultaneous dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz & 5 GHz) which also supports IEEE 802.11a/ ac/b/g/n standards
- You can expand network coverage through additional units
- Comes with a 710 MHz quad-core processor which has up to 512 MB of RAM for better performance
- A basic design without an antenna
- Two super-speed Gigabit Ethernet Ports are included. The two act as both LAN and WAN ports on the primary unit while the other units are cable of offering just LAN
- Google Home and Alexa voice command compatible
- Attractive and decent features
- A reliable 500 Mbps for each unit
- Extended coverage of up to 4,500 sq. Ft.
- You will need a Google account to stay connected to this Wi-Fi.
NetGear Nighthawk AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi Router
For all those tech geeks in search of the best smart Wi-Fi routers in the market, NetGear Nighthawk AC1750 is an ideal choice due to numerous reasons. Get power, high internet speeds, and strong signals without breaking the bank are accessible through this modem. This is a dual-band 802.11ac router that allows users to prioritise their internet usage easily.
We have comparison guide on Netgear vs TP-Link if you are confused which one to go for.
A 2.4 GHz frequency band is included which is known for providing a moderate browsing experience. The 5 GHz frequency band (1,300 Mbs) is set aside for more intensive uses such as streaming and gaming. Its beam forming technology boosts signal strength, this makes the product an easy pass as the best router for home streaming on our list. If you are new to netgear router then we recommend you go through netgear wireless router setup.
- It has a USB 3.0 port for fast HDD access
- Comes with three detachable antennas
- Has sturdy build and broad base with rubber keeping it safe and having a firm grip on the surface
- Strong NAS storage performance
- Good transmission range
- Ideal for gaming and streaming
- Comes with a compelling feature set which includes downstream Qos
- Great 802.11ac speeds
- VPN supported
- Security and parental control for safer web experiences.
- The router requires manual restart occasionally
- The firmware used could have been better
Every individual who’s familiar with Asus products will testify on how brilliant they are, especially with their unmatched power for gaming computers; routers are not an exception for this dominant brand either. The Asus RT-AC88U occupies the best router for home gaming position as it’s a fine fit for both soft and hardcore gamers.
The router surface highlights a very sleek and stylish design. Just like any other topnotch gaming product, Asus RT-AC88U aesthetically pleasing looks are an essential contribution to the product’s attributes. This is look is backed with its black construction and red-accented antenna lines. Asus router configuration is easy and you can find it here.
- Has a total of 8 Gigabit LAN ports
- The dual-band router can operate as a NAS
- It provides multi-client MU-MIMO data streaming with strong signal strength on both frequency bands (2.4 GHz at 1,000 Mbps and 5 GHz at 2,100 Mbps)
- The 2.4 GHz coverage has a 4 transmit and 4 receive (4T4R) antenna, enabling a wider signal reach of up to 5,000 sq. Ft.
- Smart Connect automatically chooses the best band for its users
- 8 Gigabit LAN ports ensure the users receive the fastest possible internet speed suitable for gaming
- Intuitive web interface
- The positioning of the USB ports would have been much better.
Linksys AC1900 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router
The Linksys AC1900 has proven its worth for being the best wireless router for larger homes. It can comfortably accommodate 12 or more devices at the same time without any signal lags. The product comes with a dual-band processor (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) with four aerial setups to comfortably offer 1900 AC of wireless internet speeds. Take a look at what else the Linksys AC1900 has to offer.
- Supports both USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports
- Four high-performance antennas to enhance dual-band communication
- Has four Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Comes with a Dual Core 1.6 GHz CPU
Linksys router configuration guide: Linksys router login
- Simple and intuitive router
- Excellent for streaming with multiple devices
- Hits speeds of up to 1.9 Gbps
- Users get complete control of their internet – to prioritize devices or websites, restrict usage, monitor network activity, and to enable guest networks.
- The speeds can wildly fluctuate
- It is quite large in size
Wrapping it up:
Internet-enabled devices are getting upgraded regularly; wireless internet routers ought to be compatible with the latest technology and capabilities in order for users to avail the most out of them. The above-mentioned list for the best wireless routers in 2019 is comprehensive enough as it manages to cover well-known home router requirements along with their attributes.