Often, routers can be found almost everywhere. For internet connections, a router is a vital device that you need to have. Mediacom routers are usually very common amongst small business and personal usage. Managing these routers is very straightforward and doesn’t require additional knowledge in learning its proper use. But the biggest problem comes to effect when users are required to provide the credentials and IP address to reach the routers default gateway page.
Several users of Mediacom router often have a problem because of reaching this default login page. Hence, we have provided a solution to this problem and provided a detailed step-by-step procedure of Mediacom router login guide. Let’s get started.
Accessing Mediacom router login page ?
To access the basic router login page, you would have to get a couple of things straight. Since the router is manufactured and taken care by the Mediacom cable company, you would have to download the proprietary Home network management software to ensure that you can access the login page.
How to login Mediacom router as admin ?
The steps that are involved in accessing the router login page and straightforward. You don’t have many steps but its pretty one-directional to access the settings.
- Basically, if you want to access the Mediacom router that you might have installed at your office or home. Then copy-paste the website given below directly onto the address bar of your favorite browser.
Link – homewifi.mediacomcable.com
- After you copy-paste the website onto your address bar, then you will be prompted with a page that would ask for your Mediacom Router login username and passphrase. Do ensure that you know your username and passphrase. Generally, many people don’t change the username and passphrase, but if you might have changed it, then please enter the changed username and passphrase.
- But if you might have forgotten your username and passphrase, you could click the “forgot your passphrase” right below the passphrase. Thus, after you click this, an email will be sent to your verified or registered account such that the link will have to be clicked on your account. Through the link, you can change your passphrase and ensure that it’s a new one and unique one that you can easily remember.
- But many times, the standard Mediacom routers come with the username and passphrase as admin. Such that you never forget what it might be in the long run.
- Once you have entered the correct username and passphrase, you will be prompted with several settings that one can change on the router. You can change the SSID, default username and password, DHCP settings, settings of firewalls, and complete reconfiguration of the router either from a home network or a business establishment.
- But for those looking forward to changing the existing username and passphrase, then they can do so by going to the link given below.
Link – https://homewifi.mediacomcable.com/prime-home/control-panel/login/
Or copy and paste the IP address of the Mediacom router login page. Which is enlisted below.
IP address – 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.0.1
- After which, you will be asked to enter your new passphrase. So, enter the passphrase of your choice.
- On the control panel page, towards the left-hand side, you will find a login option. Click on that.
- Once again towards the left-hand side, you will find “my wireless network.”
- You will then have to find the SSID, thus select the Wi-Fi option towards the left-hand side and the paraphrase option on the right.
- Once you have accomplished all the above-given steps, you can seamlessly change the SSID to your will and wish along with the passphrase of your liking. Remember to keep a strong and secure one such that no one else can access your router.
- Once you are done, hit the save button and all the changes will be saved such that upon rebooting the router, you will get the updated changes and credentials.
Thus, a Mediacom router is a straightforward router that is very popular. Because of this, it has a dedicated software which can be downloaded, and all the changes can be made through it. You don’t need any IP address or link. Enter your username and passphrase and can change anything of the router from the provided options.