ASUS is a pretty robust company when it comes to manufacturing routers and modems, and they have the sales to back the claim up. Millions of people buy their routers every year. ASUS manufactures both wired and wireless routers and the installation process for them are similar, yet different in many ways. If you just bought a new Asus router, or want to reconfigure your old one, but don’t know how to go about doing it, don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. In this article, we will take a look at everything you need to know to configure your ASUS Router.
This article will include information regarding accessing the router, signing into it, configuring the router and logging in to the router to update your network settings.
ASUS Router Login Admin Page
Knowing how to access your Admin portal is very important. This login page is what lets you control and configure your Asus router. Every router function, control and setting can be upgraded and manipulated via this page and hence it is an integral part of configuring your router. Being able to access this page might come naturally to people familiar with hardware and network settings, but for people with little experience in computing, this process can be a tad bit confusing. So here’s a look at how you can get to your Asus login page.
- Setup the hardware side of things by connecting your router to your device, whether it be your PC or laptop.
- You can opt for Ethernet cable connections or wireless connections. This time around, we will be focusing on wired connections.
- Make sure all the wires are in place and that the cables are well-secured.
- Follow the instruction manual provided along with the router if you are unsure about which cable goes where.
- Now switch both the device and your router on.
- Ope your preferred browser and go to the address bar.
- On the address bar, enter Asus’s default IP address- http://192.168.1.1
- On clicking enter, you will be taken to the login page
- Input your login credentials and Submit.
- You should now be able to access the Asus Admin panel.
Configuring Asus Router Process
We have already taken a look at how to access the login page and the admin page after that. Now, let’s take a look at how to configure your Asus router using this page.
- On successfully entering your login credentials, you will be shown a set-up page and a new window will pop-up.
- On the left-hand side, you can see an Advanced Settings Menu.
- From that Menu, choose Administration.
- An Operations tab will open up.
- Opt for Repeater and press Save.
- This will lead to a window with several wireless networks on it.
- Submit the key for the network you want and press on Connect
- Click on Use default Settings to extend the chosen network.
- Press Apply button to save these changes.
How to Setup your Asus Router
Now that you know how to configure your Asus router, the next step is to set the router up completely. Here’s a look at how you can get that done with ease.
- First and foremost, log into your router.
- Soon after, you will be directed to the admin page.
- Near the left-corner, you can see Advanced Settings.
- Then click on it and then opt for WAN.
- You will now be taken to a WAN-connection page
- Go to WAN connection type.
- Opt YES to enable options such as WAN, NAT and UPnP.
- Configure your WAN settings as per your requirements.
- In the same way, streamline your DNS settings as well.
- In the Accounts section, enter your router credentials.
- Click Apply to save the changes you have made.
How to change Password in your Asus Router ?
As your login page holds valuable information regarding your router and allows you to make changes to your network settings, it is imperative you keep it secure.
While retaining the default credentials makes it easier to retrieve them when you forget it, it also makes your network susceptible to intrusion. Hence, make sure you have a good enough password to protect your system and to improve its security. Here, we will take a look at how to change your router’s password from its default settings.
- Follow the steps mentioned above to log into your Asus router.
- Go to Administration>>Wireless Setting
- A new Wireless panel window will pop-up with several tabs
- Go to SSID>>WIFI Band>> Password protection type
- Then, enter your new password.
- Re-enter the password and click Save to change your password.
- Make use of an online password generator if you cannot come up with a good one.
- Ensure you note it down somewhere in case you are a forgetful person.
- If your router has only one Band, skip the WIFI Band choosing step and do the rest.
Troubleshoot Asus Router Login
- Connect the internet cable to the WAN port of your router. The WAN port is usually differently coloured to make it easier to identify.
- Using the LAN cable, connect one of the four LAN ports to the PC.
To check for your default IP address, press Windows Key+R. Once dialog box opens, input ipconfig and press enter.
- In case you forgot your password, reset the router to factory settings. To do so, press and hold the reset button which is located close to the charging slot, for more than 10 seconds.
- Resetting the router changes your credentials back into the default ones. You can then use those to sign in and change your password.
- To find your default login credentials, check the back of your router and the router box.
- Router configuration includes both configuring the Internet and configuring Wi-Fi. You need to do both to be able to use your network from your PC and mobile phones.
- Internet configuration deals with setting up PPPoE allowing you to browse by connecting to the router.
- Wi-Fi configuration, on the other hand, lets you make the process of connecting to your router easy. It includes setting up a SSID and wireless name.
- Default login credentials for Asus are admin/admin.